Founded in 1969, Melville City FC is the home of football (soccer) in the City of Melville. Our club boasts the largest membership of any club in Western Australia.
The overall aim of the club is to develop playerâ€™s skills at all levels while providing a friendly and inclusive atmosphere.
To all parents of junior Melville City Football Club players
As parents, at some time or another, you will be required to assist during a game to be an Assistant Referee so please come along to an important, free information session and learn how to do the job properly.
Eddie Lennie OAM, GM Football Coach, Referee Education & Development at Football West (referee at 1998 FIFA World Cup and 1996 Olympics) is coming to our clubrooms for two separate events in April.
- Thursday 20th April from 6:20pm; or
- Wednesday 26th April from 6:20pm
Eddie will provide some theory followed by a practical demonstration. We will have players helping with the demonstration which will involve offsides, throw inâ€™s, corner kicks, etc.
- How to remember who touched the ball last before it went over the sideline?
- When do decide if an attacker is offside?
- Where to point the flag if it is a corner kick?
- Where to stand (run) to keep up with the play to get the best view of the ball?
- Which way to point the flag: horizontal, angled, along the line, toward the goal?
- What to say to noisy spectators who are standing on your line?
These and more questions will be answered. So parents please come along. Reminders will go out with your son/daughter a week before and on the day via each team Coach/manager.
Parents of all academy teams strongly encouraged to attend. Mums too!
See you all in the club rooms at Len Shearer Reserve 6:20pm on Thursday 20th April or Wednesday 26th April. Please
to register - let me know which session you will attend.
Sessions will finish at about 7:30pm.
MCFC Referee Coordinator